When used with Boston Gear worms, Boston Gear's worm gears provide effective power transmission in applications requiring high-ratio speed reduction in a limited space using right angle (90°), non-intersecting shafts. They are also the smoothest, quietest form of gearing when properly applied.
Boston Gear offers worm gears manufactured from a variety of materials, such as acetal, minlon, bronze, and cast iron to suit your application's requirements.
Note: Because the efficiency of a worm gear drive depends on the lead angle and number of starts on the worm, the ratio should be kept low. To run properly, worms and worm gears operating together must have the same diametral pitch and threads.
California Proposition 65 Warning: The Bronze worm gearing contains lead, a chemical known to the state of
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- 90°, non-intersecting shaft applications answer highly specialized power transmission needs.
- Our worm gears offer the smoothest, quietest form of gearing.
- They provide high-ratio speed reduction in minimal spaces.
- Their efficiency is easily increased by lowering ratios.
- With some ratios, there is resistance to back driving.
- Available from 48 DP to 3 DP
- Stocked as single, double and quad start configurations
Click on image below to download pdf. To order hard copies of literature click here.