- Helical gears can be used in a variety of applications since they can be mounted on either parallel or on 90° non-intersecting shafts.
- Helical gears offer additional benefits relative to spur gears:
- Greater tooth strength due to the helical wrap around
- Increased contact ratio due to the axial tooth overlap
- Higher load carrying capacity than comparable sized spur gears.
- Smoother operating characteristics
- The close concentricity between the pitch diameter and outside diameter allow for smooth and quiet operation
- 14 1/2 Normal pressure angles
- Available 24DP - 6 DP
- Stock Gears in Bronze & Hardened Materials
Click on image below to download pdf. To order hard copies of literature click here.