Back To Newsroom
Boston Gear Stainless Steel FC Series Shaft Couplings for HEMTT Winches
Boston Gear jaw couplings were selected for use on the Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT). With over numerous units produced for the U.S. military and others, the truck has become a primary heavy transport platform, providing increased payload and mobility for the movement of supplies and weapons systems.
The HEMTT is manufactured in many configurations to accommodate various requirements, including cargo hauler, wrecker/recovery, tanker, bridge transporter, fire fighting, and rocket and missile launcher. The eight-wheel drive HEMTT is powered by a 515 HP diesel engine, has a 10-ton payload capacity and an operational range of 300 miles (482 Km). The truck can easily move through
4 ft. (1.2 m) deep water, reach speeds up to 62 mph (99 km/hr) and climb
Certain HEMTT configurations feature on-board winches used for loading the trailer
or for self-recovery. A Boston Gear FC30 Series jaw coupling is utilized in the winch drivetrain. FC couplings have a torque range up to 11,000 lb.in. (1242 Nm) with a bore range of 3/8" to 2-1/8". The couplings feature stainless steel hubs for maximum corrosion resistance and an oil-impregnated Bost-Bronz insert designed for high-torque loads at slower speeds.
- 11,000 lb.in. (1242 Nm) maximum torque rating
- Stainless steel hubs for maximum corrosion resistance
- Oil-impregnated Bost-Bronz insert designed for high-torque loads at slower speeds
- Rubber and polyurethane inserts available for quiet operation or heavy shock loads
- Keyway and set screw included
- 3/8" to 2-1/8" bore diameter range
- Custom bore ranges available